The NexiGo Iris Provides DSLR Quality with Webcam Convenience
Portland, OR, Sept 1, 2022 - We at NexiGo are proud to present our newest flagship webcam, the winner of a 2022 CES Innovation Award, the NexiGo Iris. With all of its new features, the Iris represents a step forward for the industry, employing the largest sensor ever in a webcam (1/1.8”) to fill a gap in the market between typical webcams and DSLR cameras. The camera will be available for pre-order on September 7, 2022, and shipments will be processed on September 14. Alongside this announcement, we have shared videos depicting the features of the Iris and the functions of its remote.
The Iris is built with a 1/1.8-inch Sony STARVIS sensor, the largest sensor of any webcam currently on the market. It features vastly improved low-light performance and a wider dynamic range for better image quality compared to most webcams. The STARVIS sensor was originally designed for surveillance cameras, so it captures exceptionally clear images even in situations with poor lighting. In practical terms, this means that Iris users will have much more freedom than usual in how they light their spaces.
Equipped with an HDMI port, the NexiGo Iris can output lossless 4K (3840 x 2160) video for post-processing. This allows users to store all of their images and videos in the highest quality without sacrificing color, contrast, or sharpness. This makes the Iris an ideal webcam for professional streamers and content creators, as it provides DSLR quality video with the convenience and accessibility of a webcam. The Iris also features advanced AI facial recognition for automatic framing and tracking, allowing it to detect people in its field of view and automatically center them or track them as they move. As another useful feature for content creators, it has a picture-in-picture (PiP) mode that is ideal for presentations and demonstration videos.
To keep things nice and simple, the Iris provides onboard flash memory which saves all settings directly to the webcam itself. Therefore, users can switch between multiple computers with their webcam without having to adjust their settings each time. Additionally, the Iris comes with a remote control that opens a comprehensive on-screen display menu for detailed setting adjustments. No additional software is needed, so everything can be changed from the webcam’s remote. These features are especially helpful for offices that restrict certain software on their computers.
To top it off, the NexiGo Iris has been Zoom-certified for achieving high standards in audio quality and visual performance. The Zoom team put the Iris through their stringent testing process and found that it exceeds all of the relevant standards for their platform. This means it will provide impressive visuals and sound with accurate color reproduction, making it the perfect option for Zoom calls and other conferencing apps.
The NexiGo Iris will be available through the NexiGo website, our Amazon storefront, and in select Micro Center retail locations. Those who want to receive a notification when it launches can sign up on the Iris product page directly.
What inspired us to create this new webcam?
During the pandemic, people had lots of time on their hands — and video streaming boomed massively. Naturally, this sold a lot of entry-level webcams. It also led to a lot of people realizing their potential as streamers and content creators. Thus, content creators wanted to distinguish themselves by taking their streaming to a professional level with better quality video and audio.
In general, the go-to solution was to buy a DSLR or mirrorless camera and a capture card. Those cameras, designed for hobbyist-to-pro level video and still photography, can cost hundreds — or even thousands — of dollars and include lots of features that go neglected by the streamers and vloggers who use them as webcams. Thus, they’re paying more for features they won’t use in a bulky shell that requires a separate mount and a capture card. This opens up a broad opportunity for webcam makers to create streamlined products that do everything the Twitch streaming and YouTube crowd buys DSLRs for, without the excess.
What’s so cool about the Iris anyway? Why should I care?
The Iris offers the ease-of-use streamers expect from a webcam but employs the world’s largest webcam sensor to produce 4K video quality closer to a DSLR or mirrorless camera. It’s designed to create a new category of webcams with advanced features built into the hardware, including smart AI framing and tracking, onboard flash memory, and an innovative Picture-in-Picture (PiP) presentation mode. Put simply, the Iris provides DSLR quality, but with the convenience and affordability of a webcam. Unlike a DSLR, there’s no need for a capture card — just plug it into a USB port, download the NexiGo software, and you’re ready to go! It’s even light enough to mount on top of your monitor.
- It’s equipped with a 1/1.8-inch Sony STARVIS sensor, the largest sensor of any webcam currently on the market, for incredible low-light performance and a wide dynamic range.
- The Iris provides lossless 4K (3840 x 2160) when connected to a capture card using its HDMI port, allowing for uncompressed video output for post-processing. The HD quality is comparable to a new DSLR camera.
- The advanced AI facial recognition allows the NexiGo Iris to track moving subjects, making it the perfect webcam for more dynamic lectures and presentations. It also has auto framing to ensure everyone in the meeting is centered with its 90° field of view.
- The Included remote control gives you the power to adjust all your settings with the touch of a button. Access the on-screen display menu using the remote to change settings directly on the webcam, or use one of the many convenient built-in shortcuts so you can skip the on-screen display altogether. It also allows presets to be saved to the remote for easy adjustments.
Unique features you won’t find in other webcams:
- Picture-in-Picture mode allows you to display a zoomed-in shot and a full-frame shot at the same time. This feature is great for product demos because you can have a zoomed-in shot showcasing the product while the full frame highlights your face.
- The onboard flash memory can save your settings on the webcam so they stay the same no matter what device you connect it to.
- 10x digital zoom with Lossless Zoom Technology. The 4K sensor maintains HD image quality (1080p / 720p) even after zooming.
- Built-in 2D and 3D noise reduction use the webcam’s AI to cancel out digital noise without loss in clarity.
Additional features you should know about:
- 4K 30 fps and 1080p 60 fps video for pristine streaming, video calls, and recordings.
- The on-screen display menu allows for settings to be changed directly on the camera itself, no additional software required.
- Dual omnidirectional microphones pick up voices from up to 20 feet away, and Noise-canceling technology helps reduce background noise, allowing your voice to be heard more clearly.
- The Iris is Zoom certified, meaning that Zoom has tested and shown it to provide high-quality video and audio with accurate color reproduction that is suitable for Zoom and other conferencing apps.
- The NexiGo Webcam Software enables fine-tuning of your settings for a perfect image.
From left to right: Iris, Brio, Insta360 Link, Opal C1